Blue Ice Warthog 38
A tough, lightweight simple pack for long technical routes and alpine guiding. Similar to the Warthog 26L, but added volume and features make it suitable for longer adventures. This pack is incredibly durable, and its compact design ensures maximum freedom of movement when you™re climbing.
Like its smaller sibling, it features a helmet holder, rope carrier, and internal pocket for valuables (though this is accessed from inside the large lid pocket and is really quite small and there is also no keyfob). The main body is a single compartment with a pocket and exit holes for a drinks bladder and it also contains two gear loops and a zip that allows the foam backing to be removed. This foam pad folds out into a sheet measuring 66cm x 43cm x 0.5cm and can be used for bivouacs. It has two ice tool holders which are designed to carry modern adzeless tools such as Nomics. Two straps are supplied which can be used as front compression straps (there are no side compression straps or wand pockets) and these can also be used to carry a snowboard or a pair of skis. It has no stiffening in the back system so will require competent packing to make it comfortable but this does cut down on the weight. It has a rope strap under the lid, a chest strap with whistle, a removable webbing hip belt and a three point haul loop system.
Made of 500 denier Cordura®, 850 denier ballistic Cordura® and 210 denier ripstop nylon with Acetal Duraflex® buckles and YKK® zips.
- A single main compartment.
- A fixed lid with a big pocket (easily fits a water bottle, goggles, mitts, guidebook, camera and hill food).
- A fixed length back.
- A removable webbing waistbelt.
- Structure comes from a torso length (unfolded) 4mm thick foam bivy pad folded into three fitted into a zipped slot.
- There's also a bladder pouch, and a couple of internal gear loops allowing gear to be racked by the over-obsessively organised.
- Inside the lid there's a small zipped valuables pocket, while another pocket on outside-front of the lid hides a stretch helmet mesh helmet holder. While a bit fiddly to fit, this securely holds modern foam helmets away from the dangers of pointy things inside or swinging around on the outside.
- A single strap, which cleverly tightens upwards making it easy to pull tight from above, closes the lid.
- A rope loop.
- 5 burly rear attachment points.
- Ice axe elastics and a slot that keeps freshly sharpened picks out of harms way round off the package.
- A pair of ski/snowboard straps.
- Material: 500 denier Cordura®
- Capacity: 38 l
- Weight: 890 g
- Zippers: YKK®
|Warthog 38 L red||-|