Montane Icarus Jacket
Montane Icarus Jacket
The Montane Icarus Jacket is super lightweight and packable, and at the same time, very warm, thanks to the PrimaLoft ThermoPlume micro baffle construction.
The Icarus Jacket has amazing elemental protection, made even more amazing with the knowledge that the fabric is recycled. This recycled fabric is Pertex Quantum Eco, which basically means that this fabric is completely windproof, shower proof, fast drying, compact and lightweight. This means it's great not just for mountaineering, hiking, expeditions, and climbing, it's also great for everyday life. The warmth is down to the Primaloft ThermoPlume synthetic fill, which mimics the loft and fill power of down, with the fast drying warmth of PrimaLoft insulation. The Icarus also has an insulated hood, so you can have both a dry and warm head when using it. To keep all of that warmth from escaping, the Icarus yields YKK reverse coil zippers that are great at creating a barrier between you and the cold. For that extra bit of protection, the Icarus also sports an internal storm flap behind the main zipper and an elasticated hem.
There are many factors of comfort built into the Icaris Jacket. The articulated arms mean you have restriction free movement, enabling you to feel less encumbered. The jacket also sports low-bulk cuffs, in order for your hands and wrists to feel less confined as well as meaning your gloves will not have a jacket cuff to fight with for movement. There is also a micro-fleece chin guard to keep your chin warm and stop the jacket rubbing on your chin in such a way that it causes chafing. The ultimate comfort factor of this jacket though is the PEAQ Synthetic Eco Lining, which is very comfortable against the skin and very breathable. Therefore, whether it be scaling Ben Nevis or walking your dog along the canal on a cold winter's morning, the flux will keep you warm, dry and comfortable.
The convenient elements of this jacket make it a handy jacket to have. It has two YKK zippered hand pockets which are great for carrying essentials securely. There is also a concealed chest pocket for that extra bit of secure, on the go storage.
Montane: Engineered for Endurance
For over 21 years Montane has worked closely with serious mountain professionals around the globe, from The British Mountain Survey, to British Mountain Rescue Teams. Professionals who demand the toughest credentials from their clothing and equipment always choose Montane. The importance of functionality in garments does not simply consist of product design alone, and fabric technology is critical to producing the best products out there. Montane works closely with several of the world's leading fabric suppliers to engineer cutting edge fabrics that push the boundaries of what is possible. Endurance expeditions and athletes inspire Montane to continue engineering innovative, lightweight, breathable clothing and are crucial to the brand's success. Ensuring that clothing is fit for purpose is of utmost importance, whether that's for unsupported ventures to the North Pole or high profile research in the High Arctic. These are just some of the main areas where endurance is tested to the absolute limit, and where Montane products thrive.
- Recycled PerTex Quantum Eco - Completely windproof, showerproof and fast drying.
- PrimaLoft ThermoPlume Synthetic Fill - Fast Drying and Warm.
- PEAQ Synthetic Eco Lining - For great comfort and breathability.
- Micro-Baffle Construction - Allows a close body fit with dynamic freedom of movement.
- Articulated Arms with Engineered Tailoring - For restriction free movement.
- Insulated Hood - Also can be worn over a helmet.
- Two Zippered Hand Pockets - Perfect for storing small valuables securely.
- Zippered Chest Pocket - Perfect storage solution for maps/guidebooks.
- Micro-Fleece Chin Guard - Protect your chin from the elements and chafing.
- Low Bulk Cuffs - For extra comfort.
- Internal Lycra Closer in the Cuffs - To prevent heat loss.
- Elasticated Hem - To prevent spindrift, heat loss, and increase comfort.
- Material: Pertex® Quantum Eco
- Lining: PEAQ Synthetic Eco
- Insulation: PrimaLoft® ThermoPlume
- Weight: Ligikaudu 581 g
- Zippers: YKK